Thursday, March 11, 2010

Marshmallow Fondant

I did it! I made my first batch of marshmallow fondant today. I just Googled "mmf" and got a ton of recipes. Beware though...if you Google "mmf" you will also get links to some unsavory sites! LOL...(male/male/female). I didn't think about that because my mind does not reside in the gutter. I bet I'd get a lot more undesirable links if I Googled "mff", cuz, ya know...

Anyway, it was not hard to make and was much cheaper than buying the Wilton stuff. I did buy some Wilton fondant for the black I will need for my zebra cake because I've read that you have to mix a ton of food color in to make it black. The only time I tried was for the Xbox cake and I got the gray color for the controls.

Basically you just microwave a bag of marshmallows with some water and mix it up with some powdered sugar. I used this recipe. It was a sticky mess but it made a TON of fondant.

I think from now on I will make my own fondant unless I need a color like black. And who knows? I'll probably try mixing my own black fondant sometime soon.

3 comments:

  1. My mind was like mmf?

    I didn't know you could make marshmellow fondant. I learned something today. It sounds so exciting and fun to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so easy and it only cost about $3.

    ReplyDelete

Followers